Saturday, October 23, 2010

If I am taking an SSRI can I also run Valium? What more or less beta blockers?

If I am taking an SSRI can I also run Valium? What more or less beta blockers?
I know for certain you can whip Valium with an SSRI -- or any other benzo for that issue. I've also known those on an SSRI to take a beta blocker, though I must grant I have no thought what the official "rule" roughly speaking that is.
BUT, you can plainly find out about possible interactions, insecure or otherwise, if you go to www.drugs.com and plug contained by the meds you're taking to their interactions database. It's free.
Your pharmacist should also be able to make available you good info, and unsurprisingly your doctor is the best expert to consult.
Best of luck!
I have be prescribed Valium, xanax, etc. at the same time as SSRI's. So yes, they are sheltered. I am not sure about the beta blockers. I would ask your doctor or pharmacist roughly speaking those just to be on the risk-free side.
ASK your Doctor. These are prescribed medications and if you don't enjoy a prescription in your heading you should not take them. There are contraindications that can be serious next to some.
WHAT IS SSRI AND BETA BLOCKERS
With an SSRI, yes, you can take valium. I'm not sure roughly speaking beta blockers though- there are so frequent meds you have to avoid next to teh beta blockers. I have tried several ssri's, and hold found that Paxil was the worst- it have horrible withdrawal effects. Lexapro is the best on the open market in my inference. I have taken valium for anxiety near both though, and no problem.
beta blocckers can cause asthma flare ups but it won't interfere beside valium as long as your dr.knows nearly all of your scripts and over the counter meds within shouldn't be a problem but don't mix meds unless you ask your dr. first
Read the Black Box labels on these unsafe drugs and find a Doctor that will treat you without ANY of them! Please become informed and hold care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment